- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
UK counterterrorism ops result in arrests
Written by staff reporter
The Metropolitan Police have detained at least eight suspects following counterterrorism raids in London and Birmingham, in connection with the attack in Westminster this week in which three people, plus the assailant, were killed.
There is a medium threat of terrorism in the UK. The threat is reflective of the current elevated terrorism risk stemming from Islamist extremist groups and self-radicalised individuals inspired by extremist Islamic ideology, in the UK as well as the wider European region.
According to security experts at Red24, the incident, as well as the resultant counterterrorism response, falls within the UK's baseline terrorism risk, where counterterrorism standards are high, and further raids, arrests and other actions connected to the London attack should be expected over the immediate-term.