- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
Transformer fire in UK leaves thousands without power
Written by staff reporter
A fire at a high voltage electrical substation left 45,000 properties in Leicester without power this week. The blaze at the substation in Leicester forced businesses to evacuate and roads to be closed.
A high-risk asset, if damaged, transformers pose a serious threat to life, property and the environment. Yet they play a critical role in delivering energy efficiently and safely across networks.
Their failure is a leading cause of unplanned power outages across the world.