- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
Schneider Electric expands cloud platform offering
Written by staff reporter
Schneider Electric has expanded its cloud platform offering with the launch of Wonderware Online InStudio, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service offering designed to change the way end users provision, develop, test and maintain their HMI and SCADA applications.
Research suggests that cloud-based IaaS and other offerings have considerable potential to deploy less energy and natural resources, such as through the reduction of hardware requirements for software development testing. This environmental benefit – coupled with greater collaboration and efficiency – can reduce a company’s overall carbon footprint.