- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
Equipsme launches Insurtech offering for SMEs
Written by staff reporter
Former MD at AXA, Matthew Reed, is launching an InsurTech offering aimed at small to medium sized businesses. Equipsme, which launches on 1st March, is set to deliver a new range of health insurance plans to UK SME market.
The new offering is backed by AXA PPP healthcare which will provide underwriting capacity in a five-year exclusive arrangement. Under the terms of the arrangement Equipsme will also have access to AXA PPP’s nationwide approved provider network of consultants, practitioners and hospitals as well as full claims and helpline support services.
“There are well over five million SMEs in the UK but less than five percent purchase healthcare insurance for their teams. We felt that there had to be a way to open up access to healthcare for this huge sector,” Reed commented. “Equipsme offers affordable, high quality healthcare allowing SMEs of all sizes to provide their people a benefit that they’ll really value.
Distributed exclusively through 30 independent brokers across the UK, Equipsme will give SME’s a choice of four cover options ranging from £7 to £37 per employee per month.