- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
AXA launches ecological risks awareness campaign
Written by staff reporter
Companies operating in France are being urged to take note of the increased environmental responsibilities resulting from a new biodiversity law which came into force in August 2016.
AXA Corporate Solutions has launched an awareness campaign informing large corporates about their new responsibilities in terms of the environment and their rising risk exposure.
With the introduction of the new rules, which affect companies of all types, the concept of ecological damage has expanded -- more species and natural environments are covered by the law, including the air and atmosphere as well as all species and natural habitats.
"Now, any individual or corporation can take legal action. In parallel, any person, stakeholder, head office or business owner can be held responsible and be required to carry out specific remediation action or pay financial damages, should the damage be proven.” explained International Technical Manager Environment, AXA Corporate Solutions, Sylvie Monereau.
In this new legal context, AXA Corporate Solutions has adjusted its environmental products Ecosphere and Trans-Sphere.