- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
Willis International appoints new CEO
Written by Editor
David Margrett has been appointed CEO of Willis International.
Margrett, who has been a senior executive at Willis for the last seven years, will work alongside Sarah Turvill, chairman of Willis International, to focus on driving the division’s growth.
Since joining Willis in 2004, Margrett has held a number of senior positions, including chairman and CEO of Global Specialties and of Willis Limited, chairman of Faber & Dumas (the group's International third party wholesale business) and most recently, president and COO of Willis Global. Prior to joining Willis, he was chief executive of insurance broker Heath Lambert which has operations in 80 countries.
Willis Group chairman and CEO, Joe Plumeri said, “Sarah Turvill’s leadership of our International business is a continuing story of dramatic growth. As we turn a new chapter in that story, David Margrett joins Sarah to maintain and magnify that momentum moving forward. We’re excited about the expanded capabilities for clients and the business possibilities that will arise when David brings his global specialties insight and expertise to our international network."