- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
Markel launches surety offering
Written by staff reporter
Markel has launched a surety offering, following the appointment Damian Manning to head up the new team and David Chandler as senior underwriter.
The business will initially focus on the UK, Ireland and Continental Europe with the intention to expand to other regions outside North America.
Chandler has over 19 years' experience in the credit and surety business, having started his career as a broker at Aon Trade Credit and moving to Aon Surety and Guarantee in 2002. For the last six years he has worked as London markets surety manager for Aviva and immediately prior to that as surety manager for the UK and Ireland at Coface.
Ewa Rose, managing director of the trade credit, political risk and surety business, said: “The addition of surety is a natural extension to our offering and provides a full range of complementary products across our portfolio. The new launch is in response to high broker and client demand and we look forward to providing much needed capacity to the market. It also increases our ability to design new and exciting products by combining the skillsets and experience across our underwriting team.”