- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
City firms urged to give to international disasters
Written by Mark Evans
The City of London Corporation has donated GBP75,000 to the British Red Cross for appeals in Burma, South Asia and for those affected by Hurricane Irma and is urging City firms to join it in donating.
The Corporation is hoping that its major donation will help create an impact and raise awareness across the City, with other companies adding to the donations total. Details of the appeals are available on the British Red Cross website www.redcross.org.uk.
This disasters support comes from the City Corporation’s Disaster Relief Fund, which seeks to relive human suffering, and overall the City of London Corporation gives millions of pounds to charities each year, including its charitable funder City Bridge, making grants of £20 million a year to combat deprivation and inequalities