- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
Fire sweeps through Camden Market
Written by staff reporter
Ten fire engines and around 70 firefighters were called to a fire in Camden Lock Market, North London at just before midnight on Sunday evening, 9 July.
According to the London Fire Brigade, the first, second and third floors, plus the roof, of a building within the market were damaged by the blaze.
LFB Station Manager Andy Walton said: "The hard work and aggressive actions of the crews ensured the fire was contained to the area of the building which was alight when the Brigade arrived. The main road has re opened and the unaffected parts of the building have been handed over to the building managers."
Many local businesses and market traders have been affected, but no injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.