- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
WTW establishes new facultative reinsurance hub
Written by staff reporter
Willis Towers Watson has launched a new hub to focus on facultative reinsurance business across the German-speaking ‘DACH’ region of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland.
Gerhard Hurek will lead the hub as the Head of DACH Facultative Reinsurance. Previously, Hurek led the facultative business at MAPFRE RE for Germany, Austria, and the Central and Eastern European (CEE) region – a position he held for over a decade. Prior to this, Hurek spent 25 years in a variety of senior underwriting and client management roles at Swiss Re.
Hurek will be joined by Zeljko Panić as Executive Director. He joins from MAPFRE RE, where he spent a decade as Head of Treaty Business for the CEE Countries, having also previously worked at Swiss Re and Bavarian Re.