- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
NHS England hit by cyber attack
Written by staff reporter
According to the NHS, a number of hospitals and trusts in England have been affected by a large-scale ransomware attack. Trusts and hospitals in London, Blackburn, Nottingham, Cumbria and Hertfordshire have been affected and that IT and telephone systems have been shut down.
Some hospitals are reported to be diverting emergency patients, and there are reports of ransom demands. The NHS has not said that any patient data has been accessed.