- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
London Tube explosion being treated as terrorist incident
Written by staff reporter
Police were called to a London Underground station at 08:20 today following reports of an explosion on a train. The incident, which resulted in a number of injuries, has since been declared an act of terrorism and is being investigated by the Met Police’s Counter Terrorism Command unit.
The London Fire Brigade and London Ambulance Service are also in attendance, and the station remains cordoned off.
People are advised to avoid the area.
Theresa May is to chair a COBR committee meeting at 13:00.
Anyone who has information that would assist detectives is urged to contact the hotline 0800 789321.