- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
JLT Re expands analytical modelling capability
Written by staff reporter
JLT Re has joined forces with flood modelling firm, KatRisk, to provide flood risk modeling capabilities across Canada. KatRisk's suite of flood risk modelling tools includes both flood inundation maps at multiple return periods and software to generate location level probabilistic flood losses.
The KatRisk model considers both pluvial and fluvial flooding using fully 2D hydraulic simulations with no lower limit to catchment size.
David Flandro, global head of Analytics at JLT Re, said “We continue to enhance our suite of analytical tools and services to bring the best insights to our clients. As weather-related risk continues to be a growing concern in many regions, it is important that we remain at the forefront of this issue.”