- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
George Burrows wins BTP tender
Written by staff reporter
Police insurance specialist George Burrows, part of Arthur J. Gallagher, has won a tender to secure a three year partnership with the British Transport Police Federation, providing a suite of personal insurance covers.
British Transport Police protects the railway and light-rail systems throughout England, Wales and Scotland, with 3,069. Important aspects of the programme include life insurance without exclusions, accident / sickness / counselling and legal expenses benefits.
Darren Townsend, general secretary of the British Transport Police Federation, said: “Police officers face dangerous and challenging situations on a daily basis, so we wanted to be sure our group insurance scheme provided the best possible cover."