- Pricing and telematics lead the charge as insurtech patents jump 40pc
- FCA puts general insurance pricing practices under review
- Volvo and Baidu reach agreement to produce autonomous vehicles
- Cyber and D&O exposures increasingly intertwined, Airmic report finds
- Arch selects Touchstone for cat risk modelling
Eight killed, 11 injured in New York terrorist attack
Written by staff reporter
Eight people have been killed and 11 injured in what is being treated as a terrorist attack in New York. At 15:00 local time, a van was driven down a cycle path in the City's Lower Manhattan area. The driver was subsequently shot and injured by police as he fled the scene.
US President Donald Trump tweeted that he had subsequently ordered Homeland Security to "step up" its "already Extreme Vetting Program".
The BBC said officials were calling it the deadliest terrorist attack in the city since September 11.